- High power & high efficiency
- Diffraction-limited output
- Efficient coupling to SMF
- Operates both continuous wave and pulsed (ns to ms)
- LIDAR systems for remote sensing and autonomous vehicles
- Free-space optical communication
- Pump source for Er-doped solid-state and fiber laser amplifiers
1. Class 4 high power laser output. Appropriate precautions should be taken by user.
2. Devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD). Appropriate precautions should be taken by user.
The 1500 to 1600 nm auraTM semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA) is the world’s first c-band diffraction-limited watt-class amplifier. This product is intended to replace bulky, inefficient, and expensive erbium-doped fiber amplifiers (EDFAs). The chip architecture is based on a single-mode tapered waveguide amplifier which can be easily coupled into from a single mode fiber (SMF). The nearly diffraction-limited output enables efficient coupling to single-mode fiber and maximizes far-field irradiance when collimated in free space. Various packaging configurations are offered including: 1) hard-soldered junction-down on C-mount, 2) hard-soldered junction-down on ceramic submount, and 3) unsoldered bare chip.
The auraTM product line is intended to address applications such as free space optical communication, sensing, and LIDAR in consumer, industrial, and defense markets by enabling watt-level direct use output from a semiconductor chip source.
|Center wavelength||1500 to 1600||nm|
|Typical Input Power||17||dBm|
|Rated output power||2.5/34||W/dBm|
|Gain Bandwidth, 3dB||60||nm|
|RMS Gain Ripple||0.1||dB|
|Maximum Noise Figure||6||dB|
|Slow Axis M2 (ISO 11146-3)||1.3||-|
|Fraction of Power Diffraction-Limited||90||%|
|Slow Axis Divergence, 4Dσ||6||deg|
|Fast Axis Divergence, 4Dσ||55||deg|